The responsibility of the Purchasing Department is the organization and administration of consistent, fair, and effective purchasing services for all Lake Havasu Unified School District schools and departments.
Our goal is to obtain the maximum value for every dollar spent while complying with the procurement policies set by the Governing Board and State Procurement Laws.
To achieve this goal, the Purchasing Department has been charged with the authority and responsibility for the following:
- Identifying qualified vendors, developing and maintaining good buyer/vendor business relationships, and keeping informed of market trends.
- Acquiring goods and services from qualified vendors for schools and departments in an economical, prompt, and reasonable manner.
- Preparing specifications, analyzing bids and proposals, and preparing quotations.
- Awarding contracts and ensuring vendor performance compliance.
- Maintaining a readily available stock of commonly used items at the distribution center.
- Serving all other purchasing and distribution needs of the schools and departments within the Lake Havasu Unified School District No. 1.
If you have unused, unwanted or surplus property at your school or department, please contact Business Services. The items will be picked up and properly disposed of or assigned to a needed location.